Sunday, October 3, 2010

Modern Religious Experience: Reflection #4: Buddhist Meditation

           As I sat down near my "fig tree" the first thing that came to my mind was how cold it was with the window open. When I sat down with good posture and started to breath steadily, I slowly started to clear my mind. All the thoughts I had in my head disappeared and there was only peace. However, when I finally had peace all the sounds that I wouldn't usual hear would sound so loud and I would even be able to hear people under my floor. Although I sat quietly for 20 minutes, I had trouble finding life's truth and inspriation. In my opinion when I empty my mind, I literally do and have no thoughts at all. Also all the sounds around distracted me from finding life's truths. However, sitting there just for 20 minutes was a great experience and I think I might try that again some other time.

No comments:

Post a Comment